Room 429b, 4th Floor
Bartlett School of Planning
University College London
22 Gordon Street
London WC1H OQB
(Direct) ++ 44 (0)20 7679 4877
(Office) ++ 44 (0)20 7679 7502
Phil Wright has been a professional town planner since 1975, working in a variety of environments in the UK and overseas - for local and national governments, urban regeneration agencies and as a consultant. During this period he has maintained a key focus on strategic planning and policy analysis/formulation. Phil has been a member of the RTPI since 1977.
Career highlights include
- Team Leader for the preparation of 'Metroplan' (1987-1990) for Hong Kong Government strategic plan for the main urban areas of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and Tsuen Wan New Town.
- Town Planner responsible for preparing development plans as part of Hong Kong's New Town Programme and rural hinterlands (1981-1987).
- Head of Strategic Planning Department of the Land Development Corporation, Hong Kong (1990-1997) responsible for identifying and assessing potential urban regeneration projects, corporate planning and the preparation of a comprehensive urban renewal strategy for Hong Kong's Main Urban Areas.
- Planning Consultant (2002-2006) preparation of large-scale commercial and mixed-use development proposals in London and advisor to Network Rail in respect of stakeholder input to King's Cross Enhancement.
- Local Authority Town Planner (1975-1981) responsible for growth management strategies/plans in rural North Lincolnshire.
- Study Director (2001-2002) for two extensive consultancy studies commissioned by the Hong Kong Government approach to planning pedestrian environments and a recreation feasibility appraisal.
Omega Centre • 4th Floor, Wates House, 22 Gordon Street • London • WC1H 0QB
+44 (0)20 7679 2000 • email@example.com • © 2007